Ever since I came here in Osaka a couple of months ago, despite the beautiful travel destinations that the city has, there’s one thing that I really would like to do—hiking mountains. I guess it’s one of the things I’ve missed in the Philippines. I tried asking few people living here about mountains I could go for hiking but they couldn’t recommend any, probably because they don’t share the same interest as me regarding outdoor activities. So I have decided to do a little bit of research and started to list mountains surrounding Osaka Prefecture and added them on my bucket list. I haven’t been on any of them but I plan to go to these mountains on late spring or on summer season. So if any one of you happens to be going to any of them, please hit me up and I’d be very glad to join J
- Mount Ikoma(生駒山, Ikoma-yama)
- Location: border of Nara Prefecture and Osaka Prefecture
- Height: 642 meters.
- Hike 1-2 hrs depending on your pace
- amusement park on top of the mountain : Skyline Ikoma
- Mount Izumi Katsuragi (和泉葛城山, Izumi Katsuragi-san)
- Location: border between Osaka and Wakayama Prefectures
- Height: 858 metres (2,815 ft).[
- Mount Kenpi (剣尾山, Kenpi-san)
- Location: Hokusetsu Natural Park, in Nose, Ōsaka, Japan.
- Height: 784 m (2,572 ft)
- Mount Kongō (金剛山, Kongō-san)
- Location: Kawachi region of Osaka Prefecture, Kansai, Japan
- Height: 1,125-metre-high (3,691 ft)
- Mount Katsuragi
- Location: border between Chihayaakasaka, Osaka and Gose, Nara in Japan
- Height: 959.2 metres (3,147 ft).
- Accessible via Katsuragisan Ropeway
- Mount Minami Katsuragi
- Location: border between Kawachinagano, Osaka and Hashimoto, Wakayama, Japan
- Height: 922 metres (3,025 ft).
- Mount Miyama
- Location: border of Nose, Osaka and Nantan, Kyoto, Japan.
- Height: 790.5 m (2,594 ft)
- Mount Taka
- Location: border of Inagawa, Hyōgo and Nose, Ōsaka, Japan.
- Height: 720.8 m (2,365 ft)
- Mount Tenpō (Tenpōzan)
- Location: Minato-ku, Osaka
- Height: 4.53 meters
- Mount Naka Katsuragi
- Location: between Chihayaakasaka, Osaka and Gojō, Nara, Japan
- Height: 937.7 metres (3,076 ft).
The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.-Proverbs 16:9
http://www.japaneasyblog.com/, Wikipedia, http://www.japan-guide.com
© photos from geocities.jp and Wikipedia